Devilman needs no introduction, you all know who he is.
Devilman VS. Hades is a Devilman x Great Mazinger crossover, an alternate take and build-up on the endings of the original Devilman and Great Mazinger, with the main focus being on Devilman, in his quest to resurrect Miki, and his long battle with The Dark Emperor Hades, God of the Underworld, who himself has the power to raise the dead.
STATS & ABILITIES
Destructive Capacity/Durability: At least Country-Level, likely Large Country-Level by End-of-Series (post-complete channelling of Amon's power, post-absorbing a portion of Hades' power, post-absorbing Great Mazinger's engine)
Speed: likely Massively-Hypersonic+ Reaction Speed by End-of-Series (equal to Hades who can react to Great Mazinger's Thunder Break)
- Regeneration (can regenerate limbs and grave wounds as Devilman, can regenerate from decapitation as Amon/while drawing on Amon's power)
- Soul Destruction (everyone whom Devilman killed, Hades' power to restore the body and soul of any given being, failed to resurrect, as they had their "very existences annihilated" as stated by Hades)
- Power & Energy Absorption (as a Demon, Devilman has the uncanny ability to absorb powers expressed through physical media & energy into himself, be they from magical or technological sources. This ability is greatly enhanced when drawing on Amon's power).
- Powers Devilman absorbed:
1- Material Avatar Creation (absorbed Jinmen's power when the latter fused with him, can create a large mountain-sized form of himself out of surrounding matter [giant golem])
2- Hades' Hellfire (absorbed Hades' colossal waves of destructive flames on-contact as Amon, which also boosted his stats.)
3- Great Mazinger's Lightning Manipulation and (by extension) Space-Time-Breaking/Dimensional Traversal powers (absorbed its engine into his body, and gained use of the Thunder Break which can pierce through dimensional walls).
- Merging (can physically merge with other Demons and overtake their bodies if they are weaker than himself)
- Energy Attacks (can shoot wide-AOE beams from his antenna)
- Shockwave Emanation/Destructive Aura (can release a wide, highly destructive aura from his body, and release razor-sharp shockwave-slashes from his forearm blades)
- Vibration Attacks (his "Super Oscillation Wave", an emission of violent vibrations via shouting, which discombobulate material structure on contact)
- Body Manipulation (can sprout sharp forearm blades, extend his tail and use it as a weapon, use his wings as a shield, and absorb/integrate objects and organic matter into his body)
- Spiritual Detection (can "smell" souls in his vicinity)
- Blood-lust Detection
- Shape-shifting (can switch between human and Demon forms, or a partial human-Demon form)
FEATS BY VOLUMES
- Volume 1:
1- Devilman's rampage through Hades/the Underworld, Devilman VS Crow Tengu (Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Spiritual Detection, Energy Attacks):
1- Devilman VS Hades [Part 2], Hades VS Great Mazinger, Devilman VS Janus [Part 1] (Hades reacting to and blocking Great Mazinger's Thunder Break which obliterated a mountain range and resulted in a massive explosion that could be seen from outer space (keep in mind the Great Mazinger Devilman fights in Vol. 3 is much more powerful), Hades casually destroying large areas, Flight, Vibration Attacks, Regeneration):
2- Devilman VS Janus [Part 2], Devilman/Amon VS Argos, Amon VS Hades (Devilman's Regeneration & Body Manipulation, Amon's higher stats, Power Absorption (absorbed Hades' Hellfire), immense strength, and advanced Regeneration [which Devilman later learns how to draw upon without losing himself], Destructive Aura):
1- Devilman VS Great Mazinger, Devilman VS Hades [2nd bout] (Devilman and Great's clash generating a massive explosion that can be seen from outer space, and leaving behind an enormous, deep crater. Devilman using Jinmen's power. Devilman channelling the full power of Amon while retaining his mind. Devilman absorbing Great Mazinger's engine into himself, and making the Thunder Break his own.)
And this one makes my 3rd Devilman incarnation profile, with the other two being Amon: The Darkside of The Devilman, and Crybaby. Weird how I didn't do the original yet. Then again, he's actually pretty unimpressive, so I can see why I didn't bother (until Devilman Lady comes about, I believe).
While this incarnation of Devilman doesn't have as much firepower as the other two do, he's a damn good deal more hax with that versatile power absorption and soul destruction of his.
Master Menos: Finally got out of the fast food job. It was a graceful exit, but to be honest, I'll miss some of those guys. Got a sprained ankle from it since September, so I'll finally focus on healing that back at the family home.
Feb 10, 2020 3:53:27 GMT
HungryWorld: Well if anyone remembers what happened to Pingu in the City, with it being joke 10/10 scored on MAL just to get it into the top 10 anime... well now is Ishuzoku Reviewers' turn. Seems that in response to Funimation's cancel people boosted the score hard.
Feb 11, 2020 2:11:38 GMT
Taka: What? That sounds so weird.
Feb 11, 2020 5:36:23 GMT
Master Menos: It's damn awesome to be honest. It shot to 1st Place!
Feb 11, 2020 6:31:08 GMT
Dream: On the subject of MAL, it looks like the admin are planning to tweak their scoring system for titles to reduce the likelihood of voters artificially inflating the ranking of certain titles.
Feb 13, 2020 22:47:26 GMT
Master Menos: My V-Day present will be belated this year because I "Had some trouble with ol' Johnny." (That's your hint.)
Feb 15, 2020 4:17:13 GMT
Dream: The joys of adulthood. Joking aside, plan to at least attempt to wrap up Gankutsuou sometime early to mid next week so I can get done with my Funi voted titles. Afterward, not doing any more voting for a while considering how long this had been taking.
Feb 15, 2020 16:50:30 GMT
Dream: Done with Gankutsuou. Will be working to get a review up for it by sometime tonight.
Feb 16, 2020 20:57:26 GMT
Taka: Great job, Dream! I should do some reviews, too.
Feb 17, 2020 5:24:39 GMT
Dream: Looks like MAL's currently down due to the site getting hit by a major denial-of-service attack, just as a heads up.
Feb 18, 2020 17:55:23 GMT
Taka: I added 2 polls tonight. Also, I wonder why MAL was down. Crunchyroll also had it, too.
Feb 20, 2020 4:05:24 GMT
Dream: Not sure about Crunchyroll. For MAL, the DoS attacks may have been retaliation by those who dabbled into manipulating the site's scoring system for certain anime titles. The admin on MAL announced they would be overhauling the system to prevent said...
Feb 20, 2020 13:42:15 GMT
Dream: ...manipulation last week.
Feb 20, 2020 13:42:45 GMT